Download Silverlight for MAC OS procedure is listed in this article. Here we are going to discuss about what is Silverlight? How to Install Silverlight in MAC? How to Uninstall Silverlight Plugin in MAC? Everyone now is looking for a platform which works as a cross-device browser? For those Silverlight is one of the best options. Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform (Mac OS, Windows and Linux) and cross-device browser plug-in that helps companies design, develop and deliver applications and experiences on the Web. Installed as a free browser plug-in approximately 4MB in size, in less than 10 seconds, Silverlight enables a new class of rich, safe, secure and scalable cross-platform experiences.
What is Silverlight?
Silverlight is a technology for creating the Rich Internet Applications from Microsoft. The technology is almost similar to Adobe Flash – but there are some differences. With the Silverlight tool, you can create some powerful web applications. For running such apps on a Mac OS, Windows or Linux, you need a suitable plugin for Silverlight. The program’s functionality is quite wide, though this is not perceived by most typical users because they just do not need it.
Features of Silverlight for MAC
- Deliver media experiences and rich interactive applications (RIAs) for the Web that incorporate video, animation, interactivity and stunning user interfaces.
- Seamless, fast installation for users, thanks to a small, on-demand, easy-to-install plug-in that is under 2 megabyte (MB) in size and works with all leading browsers.
- Consistent experiences between Windows-based and Macintosh computers without any additional installation requirements.
- Create richer, more compelling Web experiences that take greater advantage of the client for increased performance.
- Stunning vector-based graphics, media, text, animation, and overlays that enable seamless integration of graphics and effects into any existing Web application.
- Enhance existing standards/AJAX-based applications with richer graphics and media and improve their performance and capabilities by using Silverlight.
Why People Love Silverlight Plugin the Most?
Since Silverlight can run on most of Windows versions and some Mac versions and is compatible with many versions or newer versions of widely used browsers, like IE, Firefox, Safari, etc, Silverlight is used by some video websites, like Amazon, Netflix, etc or personal homepage for streaming videos. So how to download Silverlight streaming videos on Mac and Windows has been becoming a hot topic in Google.
1. Connected to Web, servers, and services
Easily mash-up and incorporate services and data from anywhere on the Web by taking advantage of the Silverlight support for LINQ and LINQ-to-XML while accessing that data with common protocols like JSON, RSS, POX, and REST.
2. Efficient, lower cost of delivery, and more capable media solution
Unified media format that scales from high definition (HD) to mobile with Windows Media Video (WMV), the Microsoft implementation of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) VC-1 video standard, as well as support for Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MP3 audio.
3.Flexible programming model with collaborative tools
Based on the Microsoft .NET Framework, Silverlight enables developers and designers to easily use existing skills and tools to deliver media experiences and rich interactive applications (RIAs) for the Web.
How to Download Silverlight for MAC OS – Free Download & Installation Procedure
The First step is to download Silverlight Software to your MAC Device. To install Silverlight, please go to https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/ download the installation program by clicking on the download link for Macintosh
Note: In most browsers on Mac OS X the following text appears while installation
“You are running on a browser that may not be fully compatible with Microsoft Silverlight. You can still try to install by clicking below or you can refer to the System Requirements for more information.”
My Opinion: – This does not affect your device in any way. Just click the link ‘Install for MAC’ and continue with the installation.
How to Install Silverlight for MAC – Free Installation of Silverlight Plugin
- After the installation program (Silverlight.dmg) has downloaded, view the file in Finder and double-click it. This will extract the installation program.
- Right-click the Silverlight.pkg file and select ‘Open‘to start the installation program. Click ‘Continue‘on the first screen and ‘Continue‘on the Software Licence Agreement screen.
- Click ‘Agree‘to agree with the Software License Agreement.
- As standard, Silverlight will be installed on the default Macintosh HD, so just click ‘Install‘ on the installation type screen.
- On the next screen you will be prompted with Mac OS X user login to verify that you want to install the program. Fill in your Mac OS X credentials and click ‘Install Software‘. Silverlight will now be installed – click close to end the installation
How to Uninstall Silverlight for MAC OS Manually and With App Cleaner
Method 1– Uninstall Silverlight Manually
As we mentioned before, Silverlight is a plugin, so to remove it, you should go to the Plugins subfolder in the Finder.
- Quit all your browsers.
- Open the Finder → go to Macintosh HD → Library → Application Support → Microsoft and remove the PlayReady and Silverlight folders from there.
- Then go to the Internet Plug-Ins folder and remove the Silverlight. Plugin file.
- Please note, despite the fact that Silverlight is a plugin and it should be stored in the Internet Plug-Ins folder only, it also creates the alias file, which is stored in the Applications folder. So then you have to remove the Microsoft Silverlight alias file from there.
- The developers claim that, even after removal of these files, Silverlight will be uninstalled completely. However, we decided to check, and searched for the Silverlight files via a free application Funter, which finds any file, including hidden files.
- The results show that there are other Silverlight files scattered in different locations. You can open each file right from Funter and remove it manually. But we recommend you use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which allows you to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight on Mac with just a few clicks.
Method 2 – Uninstall Silverlight on Mac OS X and MAC OS with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a program designed to uninstall apps completely and correctly as well as remove Mac extensions and leftovers of previously deleted apps. It also removes the Silverlight plugin with its service files. Follow the steps below.
- Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller from the App Store and launch it.
- Go to the Extensions tab and find in the Internet Plugins section the Silverlight item.
- Select it and click to remove.
- Then go to the Applications folder and remove the Silverlight alias file. After this, just empty the Trash.
- That’s all! As you can see, App Cleaner is a super convenient tool to completely remove any program or Mac extension. You no more have to waste your time on searching for the leftovers of the apps.
Here as a result we baniyatech.info came to a conclusion in Download and Install Silverlight Plugin for MAC OS. I think you got all the information about the download and installation procedures. I gave you all the clear information which i know. Please be aware of fake/fraud sites. Some websites are giving malware content. Please share this article if you like it. If you have any queries regarding this post, kindly post them in below comment box. We always solve your queries regarding posts. Thank you.